Practicing Leadership: How To Embrace a Vital and Vibrant Future
In response to the reality of the ongoing evolution of religious life LCWR will be piloting a new workshop entitled, Practicing Leadership: How to Embrace a Vital and Vibrant Future. This workshop is intended to deepen and enhance the experience for members who have been serving in elected leadership for two or more years.
Some of the topics the workshop will explore include:
- Making the connection between vision and implementation
- Translating vision and meaning into practical responses
- Holding the tension of that which is emerging and that which is passing, tending well to both realities
- Shepherding the emergent while tending the emergencies
- Imagining and practicing a future full of hope
This three day workshop will begin at 3 PM on the first day and will conclude with lunch on the final day. It will include input, small group work, time for reflection, and large group work. Carol Zinn, SSJ, the executive director of LCWR, and Marie McCarthy, SP, the program director for LCWR will facilitate this experience.
The workshop will be offered twice in 2019:
- March 4 to 6, 2019 at the Bon Secours Retreat and Conference Center in Marriottsville, MD
- September 17-19, 2019. at the Carmelite Spirituality Center in Darien, IL
The reduced cost for participating in this pilot workshop is $200. Participation will be limited to the first 50 members who register.