The theme of the Summer 2023 issue of LCWR’s Occasional Papers is, “Enveloping the World with Radiance.” The word “radiance” is used in the Hebrew and Christian scriptures to describe persons and places that reflect the attributes of God. In this issue we will explore our call to be a reflection of God as we live in the midst of a struggling world. How might we enhance and embrace our capacity to be a presence of Divine Love today?
Within this issue is an interview with Anna Rowlands, a political theologian who works on the tradition of Catholic social teaching at Durham University in the UK. Her most recent book is Towards a Politics of Communion: Catholic Social Teaching in Dark Times. There is an interview as well with Christine Valters Paintner who heads a virtual monastery and global community offering programs and resources for contemplative practice and creative expression. She is the author of 20 books on prayer and creativity.
- Entering a Relationship with Radiance - Christine Valters Paintner shares in an interview ideas on how to perceive and embody radiance
- Contemplation: To Align Ourselves with the Divine Movement Within - Pat Farrell, OSF examines how our individual and communal practices of contemplation can impact the world
- The Radiance Drawing Us Toward the Light - Kathleen Duffy, SSJ draws on the insights of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, SJ to deepen our understanding of radiance
- Learning from the Radiant Presence of Jesus - Carol Higgins, SNJM looks at the life of Jesus as a model of embodying God's light and Love
- Music as a Sacrament of God's Presence and Power - Kathleen Harmon, SNDdeN reflects on what music can teach us about perceiving the Divine Presence in all of life
- Illuminating the Way Forward with the Wisdom of Catholic Social Teaching - Anna Rowlands, in an interview, shares insights on how to bring light to the world's most pressing social issues
- Called to Be the Light of the World - Kimberly Mazyck ponders what a world enveloped with radiance might look like
- Embracing Our Collective Shadow - Mary Ellen Green, OP shows how we might work with our collective shadow so as to radiate ever more powerfully God's radiance
- O Radiant Dawn - Julie Vieira, IHM explores where we might catch a glimpse of deeper expressions of the charism of religious life
Subscriptions are also available and make great gifts for others at only $15/year.
Questions about orders or subscriptions may be directed to Faye Homed at email@example.com or call 301-588-4955.